Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Netcees - Leagues & Tournaments > The Battle Arena > Battle Arena Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 08-20-2014, 01:35 PM   #1
jilti
neckties

Battle Record: 43-19

Champed
- BA Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

jilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant future
Default KnowP vs jilti know p wins

10 lines due Friday
check in @KnowP
Old 08-22-2014, 11:55 PM   #2
jilti
neckties

Champed
- BA Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

jilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant futurejilti has a brilliant future

dear KnowP aka John..

ya ug dawg. gotta face only a mother could love, John
only Chicano messing with him looks like Bishop with make-up on
Pinot Blanc look'n females his type after a few sips of wine
if Johnnie Walker home, it'll take lots of scotch & rohypnol slipped inside
he's pig size. others are poor & suffer, cant afford a supper
this American Forces food to every region, while Africa loses the War to hunger
porker has weight issues every week like he gets Flex free
if theres a muscle tee anyone Seen Nowhere In Public.. it should never be
ur girl a mut, p. dobermans wouldnt Pincher butt cheeks
gotta bug disease. cuz if bitch Bluenose Worm,Inafectious one sick puppy

Last edited by jilti; 08-26-2014 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:35 PM   #3
KnowP
Nasty

Battle Record: 6-3

Champed
- BA Cypher

KnowP has a brilliant futureKnowP has a brilliant futureKnowP has a brilliant futureKnowP has a brilliant futureKnowP has a brilliant futureKnowP has a brilliant futureKnowP has a brilliant futureKnowP has a brilliant futureKnowP has a brilliant futureKnowP has a brilliant futureKnowP has a brilliant future

Hoes take my shirt off and demand embrace
If a broad slippin off Jilti….its followed by an elbow and a can of mace
We watched u split Split in half, left a hole in his chest
But u still cant say ya bars are dope when you struggled handling Meth
your nights are lonesome, cuddling a pillow by fire pit
Last time we ever saw J Feely….was when that nigga declared retirement
Jil is deemed a snake and ya crew, no one is fond of
them niggas around u are soo ass, im sure yall auditioned for Nikki’s Anaconda
Fuk the net, I throw hands fa real, it gets worse kid
wreck that chin and have you struggling with words like Mayweather reading verses
Old 08-26-2014, 10:48 AM   #4
KnowP
Nasty

Battle Record: 6-3

Champed
- BA Cypher

KnowP has a brilliant futureKnowP has a brilliant futureKnowP has a brilliant futureKnowP has a brilliant futureKnowP has a brilliant futureKnowP has a brilliant futureKnowP has a brilliant futureKnowP has a brilliant futureKnowP has a brilliant futureKnowP has a brilliant futureKnowP has a brilliant future

I'll drop links here

Upping
Old 08-26-2014, 03:08 PM   #5
Sho Money EMG

Battle Record: 7-12

Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG Sho Money EMG
Send a message via AIM to Sho Money EMG

ya ug dawg. gotta face only a mother could love, John
only Chicano messing with him looks like Bishop with make-up on

Wordng was weak

Dope

he's pig size. others are poor & suffer, cant afford a supper
this American Forces food to every region, while Africa loses the War to hunger

Lol nice

porker has weight issues every week like he gets Flex free
if theres a muscle tee anyone Seen Nowhere In Public.. it should never be

Meh...wording

ur girl a mut, p. dobermans wouldnt Pincher butt cheeks
gotta bug disease. cuz if bitch Bluenose Worm,Inafectious one sick puppy

Forced...good idea tho

----

Lol alright

We watched u split Split in half, left a hole in his chest
But u still cant say ya bars are dope when you struggled handling Meth

Nah

Meh... not feelin

Forced.wording was off.

wreck that chin and have you struggling with words like Mayweather reading verses

Okay

Overall. Felt jilti got this ws more consistent and creative

Vote- Jilti
This site is whack
Old 08-27-2014, 03:35 AM   #6
jilti
neckties

Champed
- BA Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

http://netcees.co/showthread.php?t=89337
Old 09-05-2014, 04:53 PM   #7
Canibus

Canibus is an unknown quantity at this point

Jilti seemed to experiment with different creative approaches, some were remarkable (Johnnie Walker), others were forgettable (Nowhere In Public/Bluenoseworm). One bar that didn't sit well with me, and that would be the American Forces one. The wordplay was commendable, however I struggle to find who it is the insult is directed to. KnowP or the Americans. I believe the US does send food aid to Africa, however alot of the food shipments are stolen or siezed by zulu warlords or the like. This would be an African problem and not that of the Americans, therefore I find the diss to be a mistruth when associating it to America. The weight/region concept was thoroughly setup, yet I find the execution itself to be flimsy.

KnowP had a much more enjoyable submission. Bars 1, 3, 4, and 5, respectively, were all quite pleasant. On the contrary, his split Split in half/struggling with Meth drug reference seemed a bit cliche and I didn't react to it in the same manner as the remainder of his verse. But, what should be highlighted is that this was a near-perfect written. Sans the 1 bar that I disliked, this was extraordinarily well-written.

Vote: KnowP
Old 09-07-2014, 10:11 PM   #8
Certain
Mad fucking dangerous.

Battle Record: 40-19

Champed
- AOWL Season 3
- Art of Writing League (2x)

Certain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond reputeCertain has a reputation beyond repute

jilti: In a five-punch verse, you used three no/Know lines, plus another in a setup. You seemed to be hell-bent on jamming this verse with as much wordplay as possible, and the result was a lot of awkward delivery. The Johnnie Walker line is pretty old, and the American Forces line was worded wrong because American Forces isn't a thing, at least not a charity organization. The closer didn't work because blue-nosed worms aren't parasites and because the layers of wordplay there were just overly dense. I think you need to pull back and remember the goal is insult your opponent, not be as complex as possible. This wasn't a bad verse, but it just felt sort of out of breath in the figurative sense, like you were pushing everything too hard and too far. I almost never say this, but a generic line or two would have helped if you weren't going to go at him for his RapBattles moderating and whatnot.

KnowP: I liked the opener. It was simple and effective. From that point, it started slipping. Meth name plays are tough, but yours was particularly basic. Jay Feely isn't retired, just a free agent. Also, you should have used "kicker" instead of "nigga" if he had been retired. The "Anaconda" line may have had potential but was worded for little impact. The same was definitely true for the Floyd Mayweather line, which stumbled mostly because you had him reading "verses" which was weird and probably not something Mayweather would be doing if he could read. I do like that you had a lot of new lines in your verse, and your verse wasn't as redundant or overwrought as jilti's. Switch a few word choices around and you would have been the clear winner, which I think is enough to get you my vote in a close one.

Vote: KnowP
Old 10-06-2014, 08:59 PM   #9
Red Soldier
T.Guerrero

Battle Record: 3-2

Red Soldier is an unknown quantity at this point

Jilti had: Johnny Walker

KnowP had: Slippin off Jilti, Mayweather verses

Don't feel like doin a major breakdown. Jilti had some forced shit. KP was alil more solid.

Vote: KP
Old 10-10-2014, 03:57 AM   #10
Defiant

Battle Record: 31-50

Champed
- Time to Kill I

Defiant has a brilliant futureDefiant has a brilliant futureDefiant has a brilliant futureDefiant has a brilliant futureDefiant has a brilliant futureDefiant has a brilliant futureDefiant has a brilliant futureDefiant has a brilliant futureDefiant has a brilliant futureDefiant has a brilliant futureDefiant has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Defiant

3-1 knowp
Old 10-10-2014, 07:28 AM   #11
Packed Graves
Name Flips Are Clever

Battle Record: 9-10

Champed
- Alias Tourney '14

Packed Graves has a brilliant futurePacked Graves has a brilliant futurePacked Graves has a brilliant futurePacked Graves has a brilliant futurePacked Graves has a brilliant futurePacked Graves has a brilliant futurePacked Graves has a brilliant futurePacked Graves has a brilliant futurePacked Graves has a brilliant futurePacked Graves has a brilliant futurePacked Graves has a brilliant future

Johnnie walker, Africa was dope, then you started to fall off with your wording which hindered your concepts, some came off a little played or forced. This wasn't your best showing.

Vs

Opener, other then that your wording was a huge issue, you had the concept but a few of your bars seemed over worded making them lose any real connection. Like we have said a lot on RB wording can save a shitty concept imagine a good one. Take your time- this coat you.

Vote Jil more consistent
Old 10-16-2014, 05:40 AM   #12
En Sabah Nur

Battle Record: 4-3

En Sabah Nur has a brilliant futureEn Sabah Nur has a brilliant futureEn Sabah Nur has a brilliant futureEn Sabah Nur has a brilliant futureEn Sabah Nur has a brilliant futureEn Sabah Nur has a brilliant futureEn Sabah Nur has a brilliant futureEn Sabah Nur has a brilliant futureEn Sabah Nur has a brilliant futureEn Sabah Nur has a brilliant futureEn Sabah Nur has a brilliant future

vs

knowp dominated here even though his wording suffered in some of his bars it wasn't nearly as deleterious to his overall presentation as jils was

mvgt knowp
Old 10-16-2014, 12:33 PM   #13
Unfukwitable
baz∞ka

Battle Record: 38-35

Champed
- Fight Night 7
- Battle Arena Tournament
- 1-2 Punch League

Unfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant future

vs

one came much more solid, He deliver better hits and also had the better misses, I seen a couple of played lines and also seen some nice bars that just wasn't executed to the best of its ability... v/Know