Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > Netcees Battle League Season VIII > NBL Season 8 Office
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 08-11-2015, 07:16 PM   #1
Sharp
HE / HIM / FRAC

Battle Record: 56-21

Accomplishments
- 50+ Wins

Champed
- The Ultimate Writer
- NBL Cypher
- 1-2 Punch League

Sharp has disabled reputation
Default Reserve Battle: Greed vs Mr. J - GREED WINS

Netcees Battle League Season VIII

Rules

Due Dates:
  • Verses are due Monday , August 17th 2015 11:59 PM PST. and will be open until the following Sunday
  • Battles that lack votes may close later.
  • One sided battles may get closed early.
  • Extensions are 24 hours

Line Limit:
  • Minimum of 12, maximum of 18
  • If not agreed upon, second drop must match length of the first

For additional Rules refer to rule thread

First to 5, win by at least two votes
@Greed @Mr. J
Old 08-17-2015, 05:43 PM   #2
Greed
Raw

Battle Record: 21-40

Greed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant future

@Mr. J
Old 08-17-2015, 07:39 PM   #3
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Battle Record: 35-45

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future

I'll post later tonight....10?
Old 08-18-2015, 01:18 AM   #4
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Battle Record: 35-45

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future

Fuck this puppet, this faggot ain't speakin' on shit let him clench his lips harder
"It's over" before it started, if he could order a rimjob. he'd want the 2000 Vince Carter
all I'm thinkin' is how many times he gon' flip that avatar I sense the simplicity in you
one punch you'll get 8, puttin' you on your back quicker than an infinity symbol..
'Greed" tryna make it sound like you makin' money off text, that fame is rare..
but I understand why you stand by that logic, you really don't have change to spare
you couldn't spend a quarter on a gumball machine without it weighing your conscience
that makes me question how you chopping up rocks with the razors you found while staying at your moms crib
either way I forget this battle happening so like your girl on my lap I'm bout to ounce
you winning here is classic, but it's always going to be reasonable without the doubt
@Greed
Old 08-18-2015, 02:09 AM   #5
Greed
Raw

Battle Record: 21-40

Greed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant futureGreed has a brilliant future

I call the shots, if u dont think its fair, draw
Everyone already knows u Mistah J.. AIR BALL
Lol. Whining about dead man but ima split yo neck sideways
U such a baby joker u gon be considered knocked the fuck out by next friday
Sipping cosmos outta two straws, ur lifestyle fuckin wrong
Bf slips u that date rape the only time ur man poem something strong
As far as writing prestige this faggots is fucking low
Calling yourself the clown prince wont ever raise your status as a juggalo
U are the joke. It seems you dont understand the issue
Theres a big difference between the world laughing at you and with you

_

Last edited by Greed; 08-18-2015 at 02:15 AM.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:37 PM   #6
fraze

Battle Record: 14-24

fraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant futurefraze has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. J View Post
Fuck this puppet, this faggot ain't speakin' on shit let him clench his lips harder
"It's over" before it started, if he could order a rimjob. he'd want the 2000 Vince Carter
i think i get what you're going for but not sure. this doesn't seem like a very forceful punch either way
all I'm thinkin' is how many times he gon' flip that avatar I sense the simplicity in you
one punch you'll get 8, puttin' you on your back quicker than an infinity symbol..
super light.
but I understand why you stand by that logic, you really don't have change to spare
better, but this isn't worded effectively. stand by that logic could have been set up better and you dont connect it to the punch very well. could have went with something like a homeless angle to connect standing and change
you couldn't spend a quarter on a gumball machine without it weighing your conscience
that makes me question how you chopping up rocks with the razors you found while staying at your moms crib
rhyme here is a stretch. setup and punch are too wordy. take out words that aren't wordplay or connecting to the punch
either way I forget this battle happening so like your girl on my lap I'm bout to ounce
you winning here is classic, but it's always going to be reasonable without the doubt
have no clue what this was
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greed View Post
cool concept. could have be setup to hit harder
overworded punch ok bar.
doesn't work both ways. wp is alright but this is light to me
i feel like you missed the wording here ok concept.
nice flow on the closer. straightforward but harsh.
This was a cool battle. J was doing some interesting things. Whatup. I liked the range of different concepts, but still need to work on wording them effectively. skip the low hanging fruit is probably played. stand by logic and conscience had potential to me, but i didn't really have anything quoted. the verse could have been stronger, but it was still a interesting read because you have a diff style from a lot of dudes here.

Greed also had a decent verse, i liked the opener and closer in particular, but ive probably seen better verses from you, cause those were still a lil light. the rest of the bars werent bad, just nothing that stood out as special.

Leaning towards greed with the stronger bars and fewer misses.

Vote: Greed
Old 08-20-2015, 09:43 PM   #7
Allen Knight
The Bad Guys.

Battle Record: 106-34

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Key to Greatness I
- BA Cypher Tournament
- Tag Team Tournament I
- Fight Night LXXVI
- Time to Kill V
- Fight Night LXXX
- 1-2 Punch League
- Fight Night Cypher II
- Key Grand Prix IV
- NBL Cypher (7x)
- Throwdown Cypher
- Netcees Battle League (2x)
- BA Cypher III
- Fight Night 1
- Tag Team Tournament V

Allen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond reputeAllen Knight has a reputation beyond repute

Vs

V/Greed, pretty cool battle here. J had acouple of good lines that hit nice,
but i felt he had misses that were off & it hurt him here.
Greed's opener coulda been fire worded diff
but i thought the baby joker bar was good, overall he was a lil more consistent
then j w/ one more quote. Props to both.
Old 08-21-2015, 03:38 AM   #8
Junto
The Founder

Battle Record: 30-11

Accomplishments
- Shadow Pic Roast

Champed
- Key Grand Prix 3
- NBL Season 8

Junto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant futureJunto has a brilliant future

damn next level shit... wording was off man but the concept is crazy, I fuck wit it
this somethin I seen before... real predictable
cool idea, not bad. the executions not there to me though
ha ... long, but not bad
saw what u tryna go for but didn't tie it together right... wording hurt u a lot homie

vs.

this was fresh... unorthodox wording but hit nice

haha yo I like this too
creative shit... nothin wild but solid
okay... coulda been executed better
tired concept to me, but works a little better for the personal aspect

first off props to both for puttin on in Reserves cuz this was quality shit
I don't think no one got Mr J first reference but the rimjob / Carter dunk idea dope as hell
Aside from that he had a couple others I liked but wording was KILLIN em throughout
Even on the opener I think that's why people missin it..... but the concepts were solid
8 infinity didn't work for me though, just seen the play before. & closer too sloppy
Opener nameplay from Greed was smooth... one a them 'so simple but works perfect' to me
Baby joker heat, good reference. Poem was a creative play... fell of a little bit after...
But overall a nice verse from Greed & a little more consistent throughout, so got this one.

good shit

V/ Greed
Old 08-22-2015, 01:56 AM   #9
Unfukwitable
baz∞ka

Battle Record: 38-35

Champed
- Fight Night 7
- Battle Arena Tournament
- 1-2 Punch League

Unfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant futureUnfukwitable has a brilliant future

vs

Decent read here alot of lines that feel flat in comparison of where u couldve both took them but the winner got this 2 Quotes to 1.. v/Greed
Old 08-22-2015, 05:32 AM   #10
ill nik-A
Super Senior Member

Battle Record: 70-25

Accomplishments
- Hall of Fame

Champed
- Battle Arena
- BA Picture
- Picture Battle Tournament
- Netcees Battle League (3x)
- Netcees Writers League (2x)
- Summer Classic VI
- Fall Brawl III
- Netcees Battle League Season X
- Lyric Olympics

ill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant futureill nik-A has a brilliant future

I got Mr J's opener vs greeds first two which I thought were solid

I got greed here