Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Vault > Archives > The Netcees archive > AOWL Season 5 Archive
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 10-10-2015, 03:48 AM   #61
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Battle Record: 28-3

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Guerrilla Writing League (2x)
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtH View Post
Anything you guys need, give us a shout.
@Lars why don't you go by Vortex anymore bro?
LOL

Vortex was only ever a throwaway account.

Similar with this Lars one, really, I made it originally here to just troll under the radar in the disc board. Gradually it became a character in its own right and I ended up posting as it more than my former name.

I like Lars.
Old 10-10-2015, 03:48 AM   #62
Dearg
Something Else

Battle Record: 1-2

Dearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant future

I like whipped cream.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:31 AM   #63
EtH
Erebus

Battle Record: 6-1

Champed
- Art of Writing League

EtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant future

Isn't Bioshock steampunk? I'd imagine that means it the least creative.

One of those series I need to give a shot though. I havent played tonnes on PS3. Got the 3 Mass Effect games months ago, need to finish the second and complete the third.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:57 AM   #64
Witty
Lime Life

Battle Record: 30-41

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

It wouldn't be AOWL without Frank's shenanigans tbh/

Old 10-10-2015, 07:58 AM   #65
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Witty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant futureWitty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraL View Post
LOL

Vortex was only ever a throwaway account.

Similar with this Lars one, really, I made it originally here to just troll under the radar in the disc board. Gradually it became a character in its own right and I ended up posting as it more than my former name.

I like Lars.
You were vortex on RB?

That guy was dope.

Old 10-10-2015, 09:17 AM   #66
EtH
Erebus

Champed
- Art of Writing League

EtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant futureEtH has a brilliant future

I'm trying to get the RB archives in order and came across a few 2003 Vortex topicals. Cunts writing topicals and I was 11 at the time haha.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:00 AM   #67
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

sral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond reputesral has a reputation beyond repute

LOL Vortex was my old Camarac and Baron Mynd accounts finally merged together back when The End and Alldig first arrived as admins.

The site hadn't long gone through one of its crashes (2002) and when it reappeared all posts/threads/accounts were no more.

Approximate post counts were reinstated and the admins at the time had a thing about people with multiple accounts. They only wanted you to use one. I had my name changed to Vortex with a weird purple looking anime figure that moved.

Following the site crash, Word Perfect was no more and we instead regrouped as "Past Present Phuture" or "P3".

I'm sure Witty knew this was me though, we've been crew since way back. One of the best topical collectives to ever pass through RB. The roster was stacked with Maven, Soulstice, Witty, Kwality, Sand, Phrantik, me, Madman , Jay Cyph, Kredit, Quotient , Tone-E etc

I still have Sand, Jae and Tone on my FB. Known those guys a decade and beyond!
Old 10-10-2015, 10:13 AM   #68
EtH
Erebus

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Reading back to those days though, Sand, Phrantik and Mad Man weren't that good. I'm giving up on sorting the SS's history out though. Too all over the place. They restarted the league like 5 times in 2003-2004 with no winners.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:14 AM   #69
Witty
Lime Life

Accomplishments
- Only Slightly Retarded

Champed
- Lyric Olympics
- Summer Classic

Not one of the best, THE best.

Old 10-10-2015, 10:20 AM   #70
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

Quote:
Reading back to those days though, Sand, Phrantik and Mad Man weren't that good. I'm giving up on sorting the SS's history out though. Too all over the place. They restarted the league like 5 times in 2003-2004 with no winners.

For their time. Things weren't like it is now.
Old 10-10-2015, 11:49 AM   #71
EtH
Erebus

Champed
- Art of Writing League

At the same time, there was a thread in there about RB Vs RM in 2003. You were a big fan of RM for the record :D. I checked out their old league (which I know used to be amazing) and even in 2003 the guys you were talking about like Athiest and WWII were fairly solid.

It seems like "sure things will have advanced, it's years later" but to be fair that's like claiming the stories in movies are getting better or something. Topicals are just about the story anyways.
Old 10-10-2015, 12:19 PM   #72
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

RM became my homesite more so than RB around that time.

I fucked with RB heavy from 1999-2002. The RSTL had more topical heads, and with it, the more top tier talent. People around the web would always say to me "You only win so much at RB because it's your homesite, go to RM and see how well you do". So I did. The rest is history.

A lot of what I'll call "RB's" heads had left at that point for RhymeNReason with Jay Krupp. (heads like I.E, Atheist, listen, Goat26, Black Flame, Epidemikk etc)

Last edited by sral; 10-10-2015 at 12:23 PM.
Old 10-10-2015, 12:22 PM   #73
sral
Shrewd as evearthed

Champed
- Gimmick Battle League
- The Winter Topical
- Topical Martyrs
- Lyric Olympics
- Art of Writing League
- Black August II

Atheist is one of the best, most natural storytellers I've seen.

WWIII was more heavily mechanics based, maybe too much in my opinion now, but back then he stood out with that style. He was a pioneer considering the heads like Dahlohner, InsaneVillain, Blackmage etc
Old 10-10-2015, 04:05 PM   #74
Dearg
Something Else

Dearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant futureDearg has a brilliant future

Quote:
Isn't Bioshock steampunk? I'd imagine that means it the least creative.

One of those series I need to give a shot though. I havent played tonnes on PS3. Got the 3 Mass Effect games months ago, need to finish the second and complete the third.
No.
Old 10-10-2015, 04:06 PM   #75
Dearg
Something Else

Engivale is my favorite forum writer of alll time.
Old 10-10-2015, 05:47 PM   #76
YDK
ghost in the matrix

Battle Record: 14-25

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x2)

YDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant futureYDK has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraL View Post
LOL Vortex was my old Camarac and Baron Mynd accounts finally merged together back when The End and Alldig first arrived as admins.

The site hadn't long gone through one of its crashes (2002) and when it reappeared all posts/threads/accounts were no more.

Approximate post counts were reinstated and the admins at the time had a thing about people with multiple accounts. They only wanted you to use one. I had my name changed to Vortex with a weird purple looking anime figure that moved.

Following the site crash, Word Perfect was no more and we instead regrouped as "Past Present Phuture" or "P3".

I'm sure Witty knew this was me though, we've been crew since way back. One of the best topical collectives to ever pass through RB. The roster was stacked with Maven, Soulstice, Witty, Kwality, Sand, Phrantik, me, Madman , Jay Cyph, Kredit, Quotient , Tone-E etc

I still have Sand, Jae and Tone on my FB. Known those guys a decade and beyond!
I remember a few of them and beat them in as I believe, witty I think is the only one I haven't really gone against cuz one of us always no shows lmao
Old 10-10-2015, 05:57 PM   #77
Dearg
Something Else

I remember P3. I got denied several times.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:28 PM   #78
Mr. J
The Clown Prince

Battle Record: 35-45

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Mr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant futureMr. J has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonis View Post
you write and vote every week consistently so this quote, meaning YOU, are a liar sir.

Thank you

This mag is mine

I don't understand what you are trying to say...but I'm happy you finally made an appearance Adonis/Dearg

Quote:
No one cares about whatever random shit Frank's pulling, it was more the Spirit Squad backing him up. 2triple0 was calling for the no show even though Frank posted late and Mr.J was trying to shark over the amount of times I pressed enter.

You've got people saying Frank is trolling....Mr.J is trolling....do we really require trolls in topicals to make it interesting? It seems to me like the only reason someone would try and troll the AOWL is cause they're shit scared to go and troll in the Disc cause they'll get ripped to shreds. This, and the OMs, are pretty much the only redeeming qualities of NC considering that it's basically a bunch of World of Warcraft players who diss people by using references to Quests and think they are all intelligent. If NC members were pro wrestling fans they'd exclusively use terms like swerve, mark, shoot etc. The reason NC's a worth while place to be is cause since like 2011 it's had by an absolute landslide topical division to everywhere else.

the rules thoroughly state 48 lines
its a contender match

Doesn't matter if you wrote under the 'word' amount
just be happy you snuck a win with the help of your girlfriend
Old 10-10-2015, 06:32 PM   #79
Razah
rockkFresh

Battle Record: 8-10

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Razah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant futureRazah has a brilliant future

I'm so confused. Somebody summarize, asap.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:34 PM   #80
Dearg
Something Else

More drama lol.