Netcees  

Go Back   Netcees > Forum > Discussion Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

User Tag List

Old 05-24-2020, 09:51 AM   #1
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future
Default Real life cyphers...

Don't lie little bitches...

There are a few here i don't even have to question.

But recently I've been in way more cyphers than i have been in over a decade. I was never a great freestyler, i know how to ride a beat, but I've always written my shit. Occasionally, if i got enough weed in me, i can drop a few gems where everyone is "oooohhhh!" It's good fun.

But literally last night, we had a cypher going and i fucking MURDERED Indian Flute by Timbaland. Dudes didn't even want to rap on that beat no more. I'm just upset cuz i can't remember what i saiiiiiiddddd...

To me, freestyling was always like jerking off. It's just practice for the game. So i got to a point where i was like "meh".

But how many of y'all have actually had the balls to jump into a real cypher?
Finnydot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 10:07 AM   #2
Ouch

Battle Record: 1-5

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

Ouch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant future

Me.... a lot and i'm not even good never said I was. Yeah I can freestyle pretty dope... depending and the time..

I've only made a few songs and when I was doing it didn't take it serious... I'm alright at freestyling or in a cypher... never tried to actaully make music
Old 05-24-2020, 10:31 AM   #3
Answer
He / Him / His

Battle Record: 20-1

Champed
- Summer Classic IX
- Netcees Battle League
- Fight night 15

Answer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant futureAnswer has a brilliant future

I would assume practically everyone here has been part of a cypher of some form. Back in middle school we used to put down beats on the poles outside or on the lunch table and do freestyles every day, that’s how I got started rapping in the first place. It was never my forte but I’ve never been afraid to be bad at something.

Freestyling is just a party trick though. It’s like battling is like street ball, actual song-making is the NBA, and freestyle is just a wild trick shot that people go nuts watching

Last edited by Answer; 05-24-2020 at 10:34 AM.
Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 10:53 AM   #4
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

freestyling was only cool to me when i was coked out and 17, not paying attention to anyone else and just waiting for your turn to barrel over anyone else while they do the same.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:45 AM   #5
Ouch

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

Ouch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant futureOuch has a brilliant future

that who runn it beat is fire no clue who it was from if its from 3 6 mafia... fucking 3 6 mafia had some dope beats
Old 05-24-2020, 11:47 AM   #6
Ouch

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

yeah I agree with Answer and the freestyle being a party trick, the dudes who I knew that were good at it said the same lines over and over again.... they would freestyle but they had lines memorized to lay back up on
Old 05-24-2020, 12:09 PM   #7
Finnydot

Champed
- Beat Battle I

Finnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant futureFinnydot has a brilliant future

Shit... We had a singer the other day. Dude would listen to the beat while we were going and he would come with a hook and we would play off that.

I doubt most people here actually cyphered, let alone kept up with the cypher.

It's just funny to me cuz i spent so long writing and recording, it's throwing me back to when we was just rapping.
Finnydot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:28 PM   #8
Victor.
Punchline Prettyboy

Battle Record: 7-0

Champed
- Fight Night 6

Victor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant futureVictor. has a brilliant future

Lmaooo jerking off does not equate sexual skill

This is why she left bud
Old 05-24-2020, 12:30 PM   #9
SMaSH

Battle Record: 4-7

SMaSH has a brilliant futureSMaSH has a brilliant futureSMaSH has a brilliant futureSMaSH has a brilliant futureSMaSH has a brilliant futureSMaSH has a brilliant futureSMaSH has a brilliant futureSMaSH has a brilliant futureSMaSH has a brilliant futureSMaSH has a brilliant futureSMaSH has a brilliant future

.....ive been in plenty. You know like with the guys drinking and smoking and a beat come on.... I've struck out a few times but there are times when I killed it.
SMaSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:46 PM   #10
Ouch

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMaSH View Post
.....ive been in plenty. You know like with the guys drinking and smoking and a beat come on.... I've struck out a few times but there are times when I killed it.
yeah what he said ^^^ ... im not sure what you think is hard to believe about that finny...

even the super young little nerd kids came here because they were into rap... so what makes you think they didn't have some super nerd rap cypher together?... I'm pretty sure everyone on here has at least tried to rap or freestyle... if not it would be weird.
Old 05-27-2020, 04:59 PM   #11
Eŋg
rhyme capsule.

Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg Eŋg

yea i've never known guys who rap so i've been in like 3 cyphers and i didn't go off the top of my head but i didn't pretend to either. though i don't think they did so it was less a true cypher more a present-your-verse type deal. which isn't that strange but goes against the spirit of spontaneity.

i've freestyled all of about 12 times in my life. it can be fun when you aren't self-conscious.
Eŋg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 04:57 AM   #12
Ouch

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eŋg View Post
yea i've never known guys who rap so i've been in like 3 cyphers and i didn't go off the top of my head but i didn't pretend to either. though i don't think they did so it was less a true cypher more a present-your-verse type deal. which isn't that strange but goes against the spirit of spontaneity.

i've freestyled all of about 12 times in my life. it can be fun when you aren't self-conscious.
Yeah i've been in probably 100 'cyphers' if you want to call them that. Nothing was ever serious... just people free styling for fun no ones ego was involved, in most of them at least.

And i'd try to always freestyle, but of course you've got those memorized lines that you can always fall back on if you feel like ya fuckng up. Everyone does that. And yeah the self conscious thing is there but goes out the window with a few blunts/drinks, which is 90% of the time what everyones doing when you're in a group rapping for fun.

Only time I freestyled/cyphered around a group of other people not buzzed was my close friends, so I didn't get nervous or care if I sounded stupid... they did too.
Old 05-28-2020, 04:59 AM   #13
Ouch

Accomplishments
- Lost to Kill Spree

Champed
- Wall Talking

Sometimes I was good and surprised myself, others not so much. But yeah thats the point, who cares... supposed to be for fun.