we’re here to piece the archive
define the roles of our lives
for ‘meaning’ cannot survive
without a ‘me’ and ‘an i
so look and peer deep inside
Its there...there you will find
The only point In Life Is
L I f e

“Life has no meaning. Each of us has meaning and we bring it to life. It is a waste to be asking the question when you are the answer.”
― Joseph Campbell
Angkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:37 AM   #2
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

Sup dude. Thought this was awesome.

Quote:
The answers' clear as day sky
observe our place as playwrights
before we exit stage right ..
we forge and fold our way by
then watch the paper take flight
we’re here to piece the archive
define the roles of our lives
for ‘meaning’ cannot survive
without a ‘me’ and ‘an i’
so look and peer deep inside
thought the progression was especially dope, you didn't linger on any one thought and kept your word choice really fresh. Also the arrangement was pretty cool, not gonna lie.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:15 AM   #3
Nigma
The COAT...

Battle Record: 28-20

Champed
- Art of Writing League (x3)

Nigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant futureNigma has a brilliant future

This is the most refreshingly unique piece I've read in a minute, major props on the creativity of this format. Aside from the content, all the little things chipped in to make this reach its maximum potential. As for the material, it was a thought provoking theme and you laid it out very nicely, transitioning from idea to idea smoothly. Overall, it seemed like a verse based off a quote, and done well enough that it portrays the message of the quote without needing it to understand the content. The quote itself served as a cherry on top. Very solid drop, I'll be on the lookout for your name in the future.
Nigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:43 AM   #4
Angkor

Battle Record: 1-3

Angkor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split View Post
Sup dude. Thought this was awesome.

thought the progression was especially dope, you didn't linger on any one thought and kept your word choice really fresh. Also the arrangement was pretty cool, not gonna lie.
'preciate the words, split.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:44 AM   #5
Angkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigma View Post
This is the most refreshingly unique piece I've read in a minute, major props on the creativity of this format. Aside from the content, all the little things chipped in to make this reach its maximum potential. As for the material, it was a thought provoking theme and you laid it out very nicely, transitioning from idea to idea smoothly. Overall, it seemed like a verse based off a quote, and done well enough that it portrays the message of the quote without needing it to understand the content. The quote itself served as a cherry on top. Very solid drop, I'll be on the lookout for your name in the future.
thanks for the feed, bruh. Really appreciate it. I'll hit up your piece very soon.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:12 AM   #6
zygote

Battle Record: 33-12

Accomplishments
- OM HOF (2x)

Champed
- Art of Writing League (3x)

zygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant futurezygote has a brilliant future

Is the title to do with that cinema called "Life of Pi" that was an o.k. film with some good visuals but very boring. This writing was not boring and also had visual effect. E.g., The first part you Highlight the word BALL but the text also visually makes a round shape, and of course together with the body makes the letter i. The meaning line was the best part and it was a good build up to those ending lines.
zygote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #7
Angkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zygote View Post
Is the title to do with that cinema called "Life of Pi" that was an o.k. film with some good visuals but very boring. This writing was not boring and also had visual effect. E.g., The first part you Highlight the word BALL but the text also visually makes a round shape, and of course together with the body makes the letter i. The meaning line was the best part and it was a good build up to those ending lines.
Yea it was a play on the movie title. haha, i thought it was pretty cool. slick allegory with some impressive aesthetics. glad u picked up on the "ball" thing, man.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #8
Curse

Curse is on a distinguished road

Lexicon.....from uG?
Curse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #9
Curse

Curse is on a distinguished road

Btw this was clever as fuck
Curse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #10
Camp Bell

Battle Record: 10-18

Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell Camp Bell

im impressed with the way you structured this to resembled an I. The writing itself was very impressive also, thought the flow was bananas even considering the very short structure of your lines. i also noticed how it coincided with the quote from my grandpa joseph! lol big ups to this tho....
Old 03-11-2013, 09:30 AM   #11
Objective
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

Battle Record: 17-32

Objective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant futureObjective has a brilliant future

I thought that this was dope! It's basicly some of the shit I just made a huge rant about in the disc forum I doubt anyone will care to read. Loved this ish. The structure is creative as well. I did however stumble abit on the flow here and there but that's most likely me being awake for too long. Re-reading a few of the sentences made it clear to me tho'.

Seriously, dope shit. Looking forward to read more from you in the future.
Objective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:58 AM   #12
Angkor

much obliged fellas. I'll return feed very soon.
@Camp Bell - i can't tell whether ur joking or not lol. If u are serious...biggup to ur grandpa. he was quite the thinker.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:14 PM   #13
patrown
‹^›ô¿ô‹^›

Battle Record: 13-19

patrown patrown patrown patrown patrown patrown patrown patrown patrown patrown patrown
Send a message via AIM to patrown

this is one of the best OM drops ive read, ever. very well done.
patrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:18 PM   #14
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

@Lexicon

Where u at bro
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:44 PM   #15
Split

Battle Record: 27-22

Split has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond reputeSplit has a reputation beyond repute

@Innovator I haven't seen North since RIA playoffs' opening mag
Old 08-09-2013, 11:13 PM   #16
Inno
Ad mini tator

Battle Record: 26-54

Champed
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- Black August
- 1-2 Punch League

Inno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond reputeInno has a reputation beyond repute

Hes around I know it
Inno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #17
Dope girl

Battle Record: 3-8

Dope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant futureDope girl has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Dope girl Send a message via Yahoo to Dope girl Send a message via Skype™ to Dope girl

this was so amazing full of creativity.
Dope girl is offline   Reply With Quote